The era of Electric Vehicles (EVs) has already arrived in India. We have seen major launches in the automobile industry ranging from electric scooters like Ather 450X to electric cars such as the Tata Nexon EV. This has resulted in an increased demand for charging stations across the country. In this article, we will tell you how you can easily locate EV charging stations in India using your phone.
Locate Nearest Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in India
If you are using an Android phone, you can easily track and locate the nearest electric vehicle charging station with your device. Make use of these easy apps to do the same.
Use Google Maps App
You can use the official Maps app from Google to find and locate the nearest electric vehicle charging station in your area. Follow these easy steps to do the same via your Android device.
- Open Google Play Store, search for the Google Maps app and install it.
- Provide the necessary access privileges to the app.
- Tap on the search bar at the top and search for the Electric Charging Stations.
- Google Maps will find and mark all the EV charging stations around you on the map.
- You can tap on any station name to know more details about it.
Use Tata Power EZ Charge App
Tata Power has launched its very own app in India to conveniently find and locate the EV charging stations around you. Using this app, you can easily locate, book, and browse through details about your previous charging sessions. Follow these simple steps to find charging stations for your electric vehicle using this app.
- Open Google Play Store, search for Tata Power EZ Charge app and install it.
- Open the app and tap on the Sign-Up button to register your profile in the app.
- Provide the necessary location access permissions to the app.
- Set the name for your Electric Vehicle during registration and specify its charging type.
- Once registration is complete, you will be redirected to the current location map displaying all the nearby charging stations for charging your vehicle.
- Tap on any EV charging station name to know more details about it. Here you can view the tariff plans that a particular charging station has to offer.
- You can also customize your map based on the charging connector type for your electric vehicle.
- Charging cost depends on the power type, connector, and output of these charging stations in their respective regions.
For example, a charging station in Delhi with a DC power output of 25kW – 30kW ranges around ₹ 100 to ₹ 130 for 15 minutes of charging. While in Mumbai, a 15kW DC charging station can cost about ₹68 to ₹75 for 15 minutes of charging.
You can also locate some free charging stations that won’t charge you for charging your EV.
Use ReCharge India App
ReCharge app is another popular Android app that has been curated and crafted by Delhi and Pune electric car community to help electric vehicle owners. Using this app, you can easily locate and identify nearby EV charging stations for your vehicle. Follow these easy steps to do the same.
- Open the Google Play Store app, search for the ReCharge India app and install it.
- Provide the necessary access privileges.
- Tap on Agree button to accept the app’s terms and conditions of usage.
- This app keeps updating new charging stations on the app in real-time. If you see any popup for updating the app with the latest charging station, then make sure to update it.
- In the search bar located at the top, type in your city name/current location name and it shall display the list of all the registered charging stations in the search results.
- Tap on any EV Charging Station name from the list to obtain more details about it.
- You can also provide your valuable feedback to the charging stations using this app to help other electric vehicle commuters.
Use PlugShare App
PlugShare is another free-to-use Android application that is popular for locating electric vehicle charging stations in your area. Using this app, you can quickly find nearby chargers, plan driving estimates, and also set your own helpful reminders for charging your vehicle. Follow these easy steps to find the perfect charging station for your electric vehicle using this app.
- Open the Google Play Store app, search for the PlugShare app and install it.
- Tap on the Allow button to provide the necessary location access to the application.
- You can also create your account on this app or browse through the listed charging stations around you by skipping the signup process. Tap on the Skip button to move to the next page without signing up.
- The app dashboard will now display all the charging stations available around you at your current location.
- Tap on the Filter button to customize the map according to your electric vehicle charging connector type. You can also filter the stations as per your car manufacturer/model.
- To know details about all the charging stations present at a particular place, tap on the search bar and type the city/location name.
- You can find more details about the EV charging station by tapping on the station name in your chosen location.
- Tap on the Alerts button to get notified when you reach close to a charging station using the app.
Use ElectreeFi App
ElectreeFi is one of the largest smart charging networks in India with EV charging stations from multiple operators on its platform. Using this app, you can easily locate and identify the nearest EV charging station for your vehicle in just a few taps. Follow these easy steps to do the same using this app.
- Open the Google Play Store and install the ElectreeFi app on your device.
- Tap on the Allow button to provide the necessary access permissions to the app.
- To use this app, you need to signup and create your account by providing your details. Tap on the Register button to create your account in the ElectreeFI EV community.
- Once registered, it will start displaying all the nearby EV charging stations at your current location.
- You can also customize these stations as per the type of your electric vehicle. Tap on the hamburger menu in the top left corner of the app screen and select Charging Stations.
- Set your electric vehicle type and station type to update the map as per your chosen preferences.
- You can also use this app to find all the charging stations in a particular area/city. To do this, tap on the Preferences option in the hamburger menu.
- Type the city/location name and tap on the Submit button to get the details on the map.
- To view more details about the charging station such as charging fares or contact, tap on the station name being displayed on the map.
That’s it. You’ve successfully located your desired EV charging station using this app.
So, that’s a wrap for the 5 easy ways to locate the nearest EV charging stations in India with the help of an Android device. If this 2-minute read has helped you in locating a good charging station around you, then hit the like button and share this article with your friends to aid them with their electric vehicle charging needs. As always, stay tuned for more informative reads like this.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.